Monday, April 20, 2009

Social Networking


My first impression of social networking is that it's a useful tool for people who have a lot of friends and family they want to keep up with. Many of the nuances are lost on me since I'm not socially inclined, digitally or in this dimension. I think there are still a lot of intellectual, creative ownership, and privacy issues to be resolved. I often get the feeling that too many corporations feel that they own and control much of the content on these sites. Maybe even the Internet itself. I will say that, I feel these sites have come long way in a short time and will continue to evolve and improve in the future.

I'm currently reading Glen Cook's Lord of the Silent Kingdom Vol 2 of the Instrumentalities of the Night. Great fantasy read! Looking forward to the 3rd Vol. I'm onto Philip Kerr's Quiet Flame once I'm done with Cook.

1 comment:

  1. I would never have described you as "not socially inclined." :)

    ReplyDelete